RR Bramley & Co Ltd was founded in 1921 by Mr Richard Randolph Bramley as Jobbing Engineers. In 1953, it was purchased by Philip W. Herbert and machine tool manufacture was instigated, beginning with a Power Hacksaw and an Abrasive Cut-off Saw. New products were developed and updated, as can be viewed in this catalogue.
In 1964, new, modern premises were built on the current Auckland site, and subsequently extensions were undertaken resulting in a comprehensive manufacturing facility, showroom, warehouse and offices that support the company’s reputation for quality and dependability.
The company has consistently kept up with new technology, introducing CNC machinery and CAD/CAM software to improve product quality and its competitiveness in an international marketplace.
In 1980 Garrick Herbert Pty Ltd was established in Sydney, Australia to support the increasing demand for the Bramley range in that market. In 1991 the Linishall factory was purchased and incorporated into the Garrick Herbert manufacturing and warehousing facility occupied by the company today.
Apart from being a market leader in its home markets of New Zealand and Australia, R.R. Bramley & Co Ltd exports to the USA, Canada, England, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, the Pacific Islands, Singapore, Malaysia and Japan.
In 2011 further expansion was undertaken with the establishment of Garrick USA LLC. Based in Winona, Minnesota, the company distributes key product lines, such as Bramley and Linishall, into the American and Canadian industrial marketplaces.